Ideas and Knowledge!
Call for Visionaries! Help Make the Future of Innovation Open and Global – by Stefan Lindegaard – 15inno
“Can you imagine a global network of people who believe the future of innovation is open and global?
Can you imagine a global network based on regional chapters that helps increase the general awareness of open innovation and connects the people and companies – virtually and physically – that turn open innovation into reality?”
Putting in the Hours – by Tim Kastelle – Innovation Leadership Network
“We can’t assume that they already know how great our idea is, or that the value in it is self-evident. This is a particularly important lesson if we are trying to cross domains. If you are a lab scientist trying to commercialise your great discovery, out in business your reputation starts at 0, no matter how much reknown you’re held in as a scientist.”
Avoiding Innovation Chaos inside Companies – by Hutch Carpenter – spigit
“Great news…you’ve established your innovation platform to solicit ideas, and gosh, did you get them! Hundreds of ideas. Wow!
Now what? ”
Genius Transparency to Lead Innovation – with Ellen Weber – Brain Leaders and Learners
Flawed leadership, whether called democracy or dictatorship generates gridlocks that block creative brainpower.
A Small Attempt to Model Organizational Evolution – by Thierry de Baillon – Sonnez en cas d’absence
“Last few months were, for me, pretty insightful. I tried to spread and nurture some ideas about organizations, collaboration and complexity, met people, chatted online with others, read, assisted or talked at events… The last pebbles of wisdom came for The Age of Paradox, from Charles Handy, whose S-curve metaphor quasi magically fitted my intuitions. Little by little, I have now built a somehow practical model of organizational maturity which drastically shows the need for enterprise to step into the 2.0 world.”
Innovation is a habit – by Jorge Barba – Game-Changer
“Act different to think different. Easier said than done right? The truth is we’ve already been-there-done-that when we were kids, we just forget we did it. How is this possible? How is it that we lost that inquisitive mind? We just lost our imagination, threw the crayons away and got caught up in the reality of the adult world that’s what happened.”
Creating An Emotional Response From Your Web Site – by Kim Krause Berg – search engine land
“I hadn’t seen my artist friend in nearly a year, nor was I even sure he was still painting. But there I was the other day, standing with him in his art studio, chatting about the new things he wanted me to add to his web site. Suddenly he led me to one large 80” x 64” canvas of swirling brush strokes that is his style. “This one is for you,” he announced, “for all the help you’ve given me with the web site.”
Open Innovation becoming an established part of the culture – by business reporting – SCIENCE BUSINESS
“The culture of Open Innovation is becoming established and its potential benefits are now widely recognised according to a survey of R&D directors in the world’s 30 largest healthcare and manufacturing companies, carried out by the UK consultancy group PA Consulting.”
Reverse Innovation: How Designing for Emerging Economies Brings Benefits Back Home – by Andrea Meyer – Working Knowledge
“Story: GE Healthcare sells sophisticated medical imaging devices around the world. Historically, they have sold these high-end machines in emerging economies like India. But only 10% of Indian hospitals can afford a $10,000 ECG machine. Reaching the other 90% of the market takes more than simply cutting a few costs. It requires radical innovation and an in-depth understanding of local conditions.”
WHAT, HOW & WHY? – by Nicolae Halmaghi – Design Thinking Exchange
“What Exactly is Design Thinking?
How and Why Does it Create Value?
At this point it is a losing battle trying to find a unified voice about what Design Thinking does, or means. Most definitions are confusing, cumbersome, incomplete, make little sense, or have purely and simply nothing to do with Design Thinking. There is a big disconnect between the way the design community feels and interprets DT and the way business strategists define it. As more and more consultancies want to take advantage of the media attention dedicated to DT, it is likely that unless a common definition is adopted soon, the term will be polluted permanently.”
Have a nice day!